Missed yesterday, obviously. Just could not make it with having a half-day of work and so much to do.
Lots going on on the Nationals front. Looks like the Nats have had discussions with Jorge De La Rosa and Carl Pavano. I’d love to have Pavano return, even if just for the whole Expos/career coming full circle thing. It’s also unlikely that Josh Willingham is going to get an extension, and I’m a little annoyed about that one. Josh is one of my favorite Nationals, and I’m not sure I see many more outfielders coming up through the system that would take his place. It’s also likely to piss Ryan Zimmerman off even more, as he already cannot be happy with losing Dunn. How do you make the cornerstone of the team question their commitment to win? Well, this is a good way to do it. I guess the good news is that Jesus Flores is finally healthy. Yay! I had hoped for such an event.
I’ll be damned if I understand the deal with trying to trade Justin Upton. What are the Diamondbacks thinking on this one? You have a 23-year-old future superstar who’s cost-controlled…why? It’s like the Mariners trading Ken Griffey Jr. in 1991. I don’t get it.
Anybody want a 1977 Bill Buckner? I scored it in the Million Card Giveaway and am looking to move it for any like player from the Expos from 76-79. I’m crimnos, if you’re looking.
Okay, let’s see what other folks were talking about yesterday…
- Kevin over at Mojo and Beardy looked at the Star Wars Galaxies set. Ahh, nostalgia for a former Star Wars geek.
- Night Owl told us the epic tale of the 2010 Topps Update Jamie Moyer card.
- Sports Memorabilia News had the sad story of Ernie Davis’ rare jersey and how it got cut up for cards. I hate this stuff. “It belongs in a museum!”
- The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame showed off the Gary Sheffield trifecta!
- Night Owl continued the card back countdown with the outstanding 1962 Topps.
- Section 36 felt a little sorry for Barry Bonds (I do too).
- bdj610 pointed out that the 2011 Heritage checklist likely leaked the All-Star Rookie team for 2010.
Have a great weekend all!