I really do. I enjoy the atmosphere of it, the time with family and friends, and…oh yeah, being a good capitalist, I enjoy the sales aspect of it. What I’m trying to say is I’ve been very fortunate on Amazon this year, both selling and buying. While my sales have skyrocketed, I’ve found great deals on sets like 1991 O-Pee-Chee Premier, sets that may not show up on eBay, and if they do, go for a lot more than a 1991 vintage set should go for. I received my 1991 Stadium Club and Fleer update sets on Friday, the OPC set is waiting for me in my PO Box, and the Leaf set has shipped. That leaves 1991 Bowman as the last link in the 1991 Project. After that…I think I might take a break, as the 1992 project is going to damn near kill me financially, between the Fleer Update set and the Bowman set. Not to mention I’m lagging quite a bit behind on the site, so I have some time. It’s been very fun so far, though, and I’ve learned a lot about hobby trends from that era. That’s why a part of me wants to proceed onwards, to see how things continue to morph and change.
Going to be reordering the 1989 project again just a tad. I’ve been so busy at home with other projects (mostly the Amazon sales) that I haven’t had time to do proper scanning, so there are some gaps in the later teams. Rather than put the whole project on hold, I figured I’d reorder things and plow ahead.
Bryce Harper’s doing pretty well in the AFL; color me surprised. Not that I wish the guy to fail or think he will, but it seemed like an 18-year-old, coming to a completely new league with some stiffer competition after no time in the minors and playing with wood bats for the first time, might struggle a *tad*. But he’s hitting (.323/.400/.613) with 2 doubles, 2 triples, 1 HR, 6 RBI’s, 4 walks, 10 K’s and 1 stolen base. That’s an awful lot of K’s, but like I said, total adjustment, so I’m not worried yet. I’m actually quite a bit more excited for him than Strasburg, even if he’s a frontrunner who hasn’t developed a filter for his PR stuff yet.
And now let’s see what other folks said this weekend…
- Waxaholic alerted us to a bunch of new card blogs. You can bet you’ll see them here soon!
- Sports Card Info showed us images of 2011 ITG baseball.
- 30-Year-Old Cardboard continued his march to completing the 2008 Baseball Heroes rainbow of Ernie Banks. Pretty cool, and I can relate with my Zimmerman collection!
- Voice of the Collector is bored to tears with the hobby. I feel your pain!
- The Great Orioles Autograph project updated with another unpossible autograph: Valmy Thomas.
- Night Owl has the rack pack blahs.
- Sewingmachineguy looked at 1999 Stadium Club, a cool little set.
- Smed showed us Roy Lee Jackson’s 1987 Topps. Cool card. And that’s definitely airbrushed.
- Bad Wax showed us the most awesome unibrow in history. ever.
And that’s it for today!