So I sit here sipping on my first gingerbread latte of the season and realize they announced the NL Gold Gloves. I decide to browse on over to bbref.com to see what happened…
*sigh* I don’t know why I get worked up about this stuff. It’s obvious by now that the Gold Glove has little to do with fielding and more to do with hitting. I know this. But come on, Carlos Gonzalez? He was a good hitter, but he wasn’t even the best defensive outfielder on the Rockies, let alone in the top three in the league. And Scott Rolen? He wasn’t necessarily a bad fielder, but he wasn’t the first in any of the significant defensive categories for third baseman – even when it comes to fielding percentage, the hoary old flawed stat, he wasn’t tops. I just…argh, whatever.
Dave Niehaus passed away. I’d never heard the man call a game, and I feel the less for it, as I hear he was amazing. Condolences, Mariners fans.
The Nationals unveiled their new jerseys yesterday.
I never cared for that blue/star-spangled…thing, glad to see it’s back, and the new home jersey is a hideous redesign of the Reds’ jersey. Seriously, Nats, are you ever going to stop riding the Reds’ coattails? It’s getting a little annoying.
Ian Desmond was all stylin’ up on the fashion show, thing though.
Received two trade posts in the mail yesterday. GREAT stuff, but unfortunately I may not be able to post them until Monday. For now, thanks to Rhubarb Runner of E Rayhahn, Rayhahn and Mike of BA Benny’s Card Buffet. You guys rock, and I think I found some good stuff for you.
And that’s all for today. Let’s see what everyone else was talking about…
- Sports Cards Uncensored featured some shockingly bad Triple Threads cards. Wow.
- The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame received the craziest mother effer of all time. I’d never even heard of this guy!
- The Hall of Very Good informs us that Jose Canseco is BACK. Yeaaaaah!
- White Sox Cards continued the birth year series with Jason Bourgeois.
- Number 5 Type Collection featured Japanese player Makoto Matsubara’s TCMA card.
- The Great Orioles Autograph Project examined the O’s offseason moves.
- Sewingmachine guy continues to whittle away at his artifacts auto collection.
And that’s all for today. Have a good one!