Presented without comment…
Oh, that link goes here, by the way. Wtf, voters?
Speaking of crappy decisions…
That video just never fails to amuse me. I think Alou is the funniest part of it.
Added a new feature yesterday, the Card of the Day. I have a lot of scanned cards sitting around that I want to show but can’t figure out how to work them into proper article/posts, so I thought this was a good middle-ground. I hate making low-content posts, but as long as I’m working on some true content-filled posts, then I’m good with the little bite-sized stuff. I guess that’s something I haven’t talked about much: my goal is to have at least one post with true content on weekdays. Sometimes life intercedes, but I’ve been doing that fairly well to this point, I think. Part of it is a goal of providing content, part of it is continuing to hone my writing in between work assignments and working on my novel.
Going to start porting over the posts from my “I Was a Teenage Prospector” site on the weekends; when I created that site, this site was purely Nationals/Expos, but with a more diffuse approach on this site, albeit still heavily Nationals/Expos-leaning, I think it’s okay to bring that stuff over and maybe eventually restart the concept on this site. It was a fun site to write, it was just too much for me to maintain with everything else I work on.
I’m rapidly approaching 700 posts, but I don’t plan on celebrating in any way. I think 1,000 is when I’ll really do something up proper, maybe hold my first giveaway or something along those lines. We’ll see.
I guess that’s all I have to say for today. Let’s see what other folks were saying!
- Core Contrarian talked about Bud Selig’s erroneous belief about Abner Doubleday.
- The Greatest 21 Days featured Chuck Malone, soon to be of the 1990 Project.
- Collector From Across the Pond polled a verdict on those ridiculous Pujols fakes.
- Texas Rangers Cards featured a 1987 minor league card of Tom O’Malley.
- White Sox Cards continued his birth years series with a 1963 Topps card of Conan O’Brien. Sweet!
- Crinkly Wrappers showed off a Mel Ott jersey card. Love those old fabric GU cards.
- JD’s Wild Cardz showed a King Arthur Allen and Ginter mini. Holy crap I need that card!
- Can’t Have Too Many Cards showed a card of Lee Smith as a Yankee. I had no idea!
- The Great Orioles Autograph Project has a Willie Greene autographed card. Cool.
And that’s it for today. See you guys tomorrow.