Seriously. Feeling good. I’m ready to get down to business. Biz-nazz.
Probably should’ve posted that tomorrow, but eh. So the rumor is that the Nationals are kicking the tires on Cliff Lee. Do I think it’s likely they sign him? Not at all. But I think they will make an offer. Perhaps I’m an optimist with the team, but I think they’re in a good position to become a location for premier free agents in the near future, especially given the DC Metro area’s relative financial stability right now. Only time will tell, but I have some faith here.
Yesterday was apparently the day for prodigal cardboard sons to return home. Remember my issues with the Million Card Giveaway? Placed the order on 9/1, blah blah blah? Well, yesterday the last card of that little spree, my 1963 Bennie Daniels, arrived in the mail:
I think I’m finally ready to do my big Bennie Daniels post. For some reason I have most of his Senators cards, so it should be interesting.
Oh, and my Cole Leonida card finally arrived, too:
It’s extra-shiny! Even cooler than I had hoped. I’ll write more about it in the future.
And that’s about it for today. Oh, how frustrating the offseason can be…let’s see what everyone else was saying yesterday.
- bdj610 voted on the top 60 cards at Topps, but felt wrong about it.
- The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame received shiny, shiny gold.
- Wrigley Wax showed the Cubs manubat cards from Topps Update.
- BA Benny ripped a pack of 2007 Upper Deck Future Stars that was oddly devoid of future stars.
- Cardboard Icons warned us of the hazards of buying vintage.
- Night Owl charted the evolution of the oldest card he owns.
And that’s that!