It’s going to be one hectic day, that’s for sure.
Went with a friend to see Paranormal Activity 2 last night; she really wanted to go, we hadn’t seen each other in awhile, and I was open to the idea, even though I hadn’t seen the original. From how everyone described the first, it seems that the second was an improvement. It wasn’t blow-you-away great or anything, but it was a decent enough way to pass a couple of hours. Sounds like the first had some terrible acting, which might be worth checking out on its own merits.
Received the 1991 Score Rookie and Traded set in the mail yesterday, and what an odd little set that is. I can see why I didn’t bother with it back then. 1991 seemed like a transitional year for Score, anyway, and I never really cared for that design. I’ll be glad to get past it. It’s nice to add more Bagwell and Rodriguez rookies, though. Can’t go wrong with two sure hall-of-famers. Shame about it being in the midst of the junk wax era. Next up, I think, is the Leaf set.
You know, I didn’t even realize Jay Gibbons was back in the majors, much less with the Dodgers. So learning that he had re-signed with them was a shock. God, he was so infuriating to watch as an Oriole. Oh, I also guess Rick Ankiel and Lance Berkman saw their options declined. Glad to hear that about Berkman. I’ve always liked him, and it was frustrating to watch him on the Yankees.
All right, let’s see what everyone else was up to…
- Orioles Card “O” The Day had Jimmy Key on the basepaths. What.
- Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius featured Pumpsie Green in the ongoing Heartbreakingly Great Names series.
- Core Contrarian shows us that Eric Karros’s hair is a bird, your argument is invalid.
- Sports Memorabilia News reviewed 2010 Topps Update.
- Cards on Cards featured the next team in the 30 teams in 30 posts series, the Houston Astros.
- Padrographs featured Jake Peavy and Gary Pettis autos.
- Nachos Grande continued to school us on how to make your blog more popular.
- Mark’s Ephemera is featuring Packs With Low Self-Esteem…er, I mean Packs Gone Wild.
Have an awesome weekend everybody!