Friday is finally here, and it is glorious. I had to swerve with my costume, as my bald cap got ripped in the process of trying it on last night. Having thick hair REALLY sucks. I ended up going, instead, as a corporate/middle management zombie. It seems to be a hit so far, too!
Giants won again, too, so despite some frustration with life in general yesterday, it was a good night. I can’t believe how badly the Giants beat the Rangers’ brains in, actually (brains on the brain? BRAAAAINS). Ron Washington’s management looked embarrassing, and while I think managers are, in general, overrated when it comes to their influence on the game, this is definitely coming down to a battle between two managing philosophies on some levels, and I prefer Bochy’s style a LOT more. The Schierholtz move in particular was an example of that.
And this week’s music post:
Other than that, not a whole lot to talk about today. Let’s see what other folks had to say…
- Baseball Card Bust looked at Scott Bryant, whose face is Halloween-worthy.
- The Middle Child posted some interesting random cards.
- Baseball Cards Come to Life! interviewed Pat Combs about baseball cards.
- 30-year-old Cardboard looked at Joe Morgan’s 1984 update card.
- Can’t Have Too Many cards examined some of the weird team cards from 1981 Topps.
- Sports Cards Uncensored created a card wishlist.
- Foul Bunt showed off Ernie Banks’ 1955 Topps card. Sweet!
- Thorzul will Rule posted the first of the Nightmares on Cardboard series with non-medalist Mark from Mark’s Ephemera. They’re still awesome cards and well worth checking out!
And that’s it for today. Have a great weekend!