One of those mornings, let me tell you. Just couldn’t get started.
First item of business, we stopped off at a K-Mart in between our trips to secure our Halloween costumes and going to a pumpkin patch. While we were there, I perused the cards, of course, and my great girlfriend bought me a repack box from the detritus. My retail mojo continued to hold strong. I pulled this:
from the first pack of the box, a 2005 Topps pack. I plan to put it on eBay, but I figured I’d list it here first to see if anyone was interested in a trade or buying it. Either way, pretty damn good card to pull from a box like that.
Oh yeah, and I also pulled the legendary Pete Harshnish rated rookie.
Second item: holy crap GIANTS win! We were going crazy. I’m trying to keep my chin up about the World Series, but it’s going to be one hell of a mountain to climb.
Oh yeah, my costume? This:
Minus the eyes. I’m trying hard to find contact lenses that match those, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. Oh well, at least I have everything else.
Received some great trades in the mail last week…really need to write them up. I’ll get to them ASAP. Oh, and the Nachos Grande group break went pretty well. Didn’t get a single duplicate and, being the awesome guy he is, he included some extra cards. Great stuff!
Created my first real custom card this weekend. I’ll be posting it later today as a prelude to the 1989 project.
Okay, so let’s see what everybody else was up to this weekend…
- Cards on Cards celebrated Airbrush Friday with a Tim Drummond 1990 Topps card.
- The Hall of Very Good talked to Bryce Lane.
- Dodger Bobblehead of the Day showed off a Cesar Izturis bobble (is it wrong that even though I’m rooting on the Giants I don’t hate the Dodgers?).
- Sports Card Info featured Topps’ Wooden uniform errors – courtesy of frequent commenter Donovan at Freedom Cardboard.
- Vintage Sportscards showed us that Topps has always been a bit sloppy.
- Oh my O-Pee-Chee showed a 1989 OPC Floyd Youmans (need that card!).
- Wrigley Wax’s outstanding 50s Friday series continued with 1955 Bowman.
- Sports Cards Uncensored had some great ideas for dual auto cards.
- Smed featured a member of the 1988 Project: Kevin Coffman, and his 1989 Topps card.
- Sewingmachineguy scored a Barry Larkin auto.
- Captain Canuck at Waxaholic had two more reasons for us to cheer for Texas.
- Voice of the Collector raised the warning flag on Overstock auctions and autographed items.
- bdj610 informed us that the oh-so-Freudian pie-in-the-face cards are back for 2010 Topps Update. Ugh.
- Kevin at Mojo and Beardy looks at a legendary SP from Skybox. Oh, I remember the frenzy over that card.
- Matt F. opened a pack of 2010 Topps Update at A Pack to Be Named Later.
- Night Owl continued the card back countdown with 1969 Topps.
- The Hall of Very Good informed us that Jeff Bagwell will not return as hitting coach. Also, is it me, or does Bagwell look like Soultaker era Joel Robinson? Check it out:
- Finally, It’s Like Having My Own Card Shop finally reached 50 multiple bat cards. Rock on!