Boy, it’s a miserable day out there today. First day this year I can remember seeing my breath. But I’m still not quite ready to surrender my jacket-free ways. I love Fall, but once the jacket comes out, the fun part of the program is over and it’s time to start settling in for winter, which is…well, third on my list of seasons. But why do I mention this? Because it also usually means that the baseball season is winding down for real, getting close to the World Series. And of course, so it is.
But it’s kind of good news; after all, the Rangers are spanking the Yankees, and the Giants have a slight edge on the Phillies. We could get that World Series that I was hoping for going into it.
Don’t eat a protein bar with a cup of coffee. Just don’t. The taste is…well, not good.
My 1990 Leaf set arrived in the mail last night. Just looking at the thing brought out a bit of glee from my inner child. In 1990, I wanted nothing more than to collect the set, and of course it was pretty much unattainable for a kid of limited means. I’ve almost finished getting it into the 1990 Project album (being very careful with the key cards, of course), and am excited to get them scanned and show them off. Once that pesky 1989 project is done, of course.
Mike Rizzo has been kept on with the Nationals. I’m glad. I think the guy rocks.
And that’s all for today. Let’s see what happened on other blogs…
- Night Owl continued the card back countdown with a particular favorite of mine, 1970 Topps.
- Wrigley Wax showed off the 1978 AL All-Stars from the All Star Gallery magazine.
- Bob Lemke reported on a 1952 Indians Picture pack.
- The Collective Troll detailed how he learned to stop worrying and love the Rangers.
- The Great Orioles Autograph Project reported on the 2010 Orioles autograph season (PS Ryan, your cards are going in the mail tomorrow).
- Capewood’s Collections discussed some 1995 Phillies. Great shots in there.
- 30-Year-Old Cardboard showed off a Broder NL All Star card.
- Drew’s Cards got a cool TTM Auto.
- Foul Bunt shared some hits from the card shop (rather than those other hits. You know the ones)!
- BA Benny’s got a trade with the Dimwit and received the Hot Tejada.
- Night Owl showed off a sick scoreboard card of Justin Verlander.
And that’s that. I hope your dog minds you today!