As in, WHY do I have to work today. Ugh.
Still, great weekend, even if I was wrestling with a bear of a….I don’t know what. Friday and the better part of Saturday I was coughing, sore throat, dizzy, etc., so much so that I didn’t get to go to the concert on Friday after all (boo inserted here). Major disappointment. But with enough rest on Saturday, I was able to go to a great barbeque with friends and go out yesterday. The downside of this was my ability to keep up with the blogs, but I think I’ve caught up.
Found a boxed Jackie Robinson Keepsake ornament at a thrift store this weekend. Awesome find! Not sure what I’m going to do with it yet, but it was less than a dollar.
Redskins beat the Packers and two out of three of my fantasy football teams appear to be heading to victory this week. That means I’d be in first place in both of those leagues for the first time in…well, ever. Pretty exciting.
Giants hang on to beat the Braves yesterday, too. It’s exciting rooting for this team, that’s for sure, but that offense is absolutely putrid. I have a hard time thinking that if they get past the Braves the Phillies won’t steamroll them. At this point I really think we’re looking at a Yankees-Phillies World Series again, though neither Tampa nor Texas are to be trifled with in a playoff series.
I think that’s all I have to say this morning. Book is coming along swimmingly…hopefully I can find a home for it come next year.
Let’s see what happened on the card-o-sphere this weekend.
- I am Joe Collector showed us what to do with a card that smells like an ashtray.
- Greg Gross reared his head on 1975 Topps (It’s Far Out, Man).
- Wrigley Wax showed off some awesome 1954 Bowman cards.
- Superfractor looked at the question of whether 2010 Topps Chrome has been a victim of inflated expectations (I think yes).
- Pack War informed us of the inflated price for 2010 Topps Chrome retail. Yikes!
- 30-Year-Old Cardboard highlighted his favorite card from his Orel Hershiser PC. And it’s a good one!
- Can’t Have Too Many Cards took a fascinating look at the 1955 All-Star Program.
- 1973 Topps Photography featured Joe Torre’s 1973 card.
- The Greatest 21 Days featured Edgar Martinez and Tino Martinez on one card!
- Wax Heaven sought a solution for sticky cards.
- The Hall of Very Good concluded his excellent 2010 retrospective with September and October. Definitely worth reading the whole thing.
- Cards on Cards had airbrush Friday with Gene Harris. Love that series.
- The Great Orioles Autograph Project showed us an unpossible autograph – Aurelio Rodriguez, who has passed away.
- The Number Five Type Collector drew our attention to a couple of posts about the Topps Venezuela issues from the 50s.
- Kevin at Mojo and Beardy’s showed us the Upper Deck set preview cards of yore.
- The Chronicles of Fuji’s I Love the 80s turned to Tim Raines.
- Nite Owl Cards hit #30 on the card back countdown with 1955 Topps and his Sandy Koufax rookie card. Sweet!
That’s it for today. Have a good one!