Lots to talk about this morning, but I’ll start with the fact that tonight I am not only getting to see one of my favorite bands, Built to Spill, at the 9:30 Club, but also get to meet them backstage. It’s a long story as to how this is happening – my friend Rob has gotten connected to the band, but I’m just thrilled to get to do it. Music is a passion for me, so this is a big deal to me.
Got to watch the first five innings of the Giants/Braves game, and man, what a game. Lincecum threw an absolute gem and looked nasty as hell out there. Let’s hope Cain and Sanchez can keep it up. I do like the Giants’ chances with their rotation against the Braves, however.
Broke a blaster of 2010 Chrome last night, and I don’t care how much bellyaching is going on about Chrome in the industry right now, I like it. I always have, and I think I always will, though I guess if you’re in this hobby to invest I could see why someone would be angry. Thank God I’m not! I’ll show off the booty from this pull later today.
So, what was going on yesterday? Let’s check it out…
- I am Joe Collector thinks Ted Williams is suspect.
- Play at the Plate got some sweet contest awards from No One’s Going to Read This Blog.
- Wrigley Wax informed us of some cool stats about Starlin Castro.
- Beardy got the ultimate wedding gift. No, really, it’s pretty damned cool.
- Core Contrarian looked at Orlando Cabrera’s whiny ways.
- The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame had a ROCKIN lot from COMC.
- The Mojo Hand posted a fascinating Strasburg article.
- Crinkly Wrappers posted a really cool 1922 American Caramel card.
Annnd that’s it. Hope everyone has a great weekend!