That’s the card that I got from a group break on Thorzul’s site recently…wasn’t sure where to post about it, so this made the most sense.
Blog-related first, I’m not sure if I’m going to be posting any entries tomorrow. I’m getting my car repaired and on top of that have a lot of work to do tonight to prepare for a trip out of town. It’s going to be iffy, but I’ll try to make it work. Life just conspires against you sometimes.
Have a few group breaks on my radar this month…got in on I Am Joe Collector’s Topps Chrome break (btw, congrats on the great interview), and I’m hoping to get in on Nachos Grande’s break, as that just looks like a lot of fun.
The cards of the 1989 Project are all compiled and set to go once I finish the 88 project. I’m rethinking the format, though, as the team posts have gotten…ponderous. I may stick only to the stars/relevant rookies/interesting players. By the time I get to 1990, I may have this thing figured out, which also reminds me, I decided that the 1990 Leaf set counts as an “update” set for the purposes of the project. This is going to get a lot murkier as time goes on with cards being issued in series. I’m still thinking about how to handle the situation, and once we get past 1994 the whole point of the thing becomes moot.
Looks like the Nationals are going after a front-line starter in the offseason. I support this, and going after Zach Grienke is what I’d like to see. I think we could offer the Royals a really attractive package, and Zach would get a chance to play for a contender (at least in the next few years, I think). But Matt Garza may also be available, so…there’s a lot to think about. It’s an exciting prospect.
Okay, let’s look at what happened yesterday in the intertubes…
- 30-Year-Old Cardboard got a signed ball from Whitey Ford. Cool!
- Vintage Sportscards gave it up for the “Dog” (as in eared) Pound.
- Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius reminded us of a genius card from the 73 set.
- I Am Joe Collector continues to wage war with the September football break.
- Condition: Poor’s card of the moment was former Expo Pepe Mangual.
- Can’t Have Too Many Cards got some interesting cards from the Pacific Invincible set.
- kdubya8 showed off an awesome signature from Pat Neshek via A-Rod.
- Night Owl talked about the positioning of numbers on cards.
- Sewing Machine Guy welcome the next great major leaguer. Congrats!
All you people on the east coast, stay dry and safe.