Time to wipe the bleary eyes and get at it again. I still haven’t gotten around to scanning the cards that I received in the trades, unfortunately. My life is so hectic now between work, this blog, writing a novel, and selling part-time on Amazon that things tend to slip between the cracks. That’s why my posting schedule has been reduced somewhat and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. It’s especially rough as it’s a critical time at work and that takes most of attention, for obvious, good reasons. I still want this post to remain a steady force, however, if nothing else.
So the Rangers are definitely in the playoffs. Good for them. It’s hard not to wish them success, with the whole Senators link, but I can say the same for the Twins as well.
Apparently Bryce Harper is “not ready” for the Fall Instructional League. Word is he looked terrible against pitching out there, and now the Nats are not sure what to do with him. Doesn’t bode well…
I don’t trust Brandon Jacobs to start on one of my fantasy football teams. So why am I holding on to him? I don’t know, but I’m having a really difficult time letting him go. I do have my eye on a few bargains that I think will have good weeks, but I’m low in the pecking order in that league. I’m fairly happy with my team in Cardboard Collectors on the Gridiron, but I just made some dumb mistakes on who to start this week. Oh, well. Better luck next week.
And now to see what’s going on around the card-o-sphere:
- Core Contrarian celebrated Mike Schmidt’s birthday with a sweet patch card.
- Vintage Sportscards showed off some 1954 Red Heart dog food cards.
- Stale Gum revealed some annoying truths about the 2011 Topps Diamond insert set.
- The Mojo Hand pulled a scout autograph and was less-than-pleased.
- The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame got some Rusty Kuntz and other great cards in a trade.
- Night Owl cards re-opened What’s the Best Card in the Package!
- The Collective Troll wrote a fascinating article on Fred Snodgrass. Must-read material.
And that’s it for today! Have a great one out there.