I passed 600 posts not that long ago, and I guess that’s about the time you start to think about where you’ve come from and where you might be going with the whole hot mess. I think one of the big things I want to do is some more…for lack of a better word, freeform writing. Rather than looking necessarily at a set of cards or continuing some series, writing more what comes to mind. Or do both. Hell, I’m not sure. One thing I do want to do is start highlighting some of my favorite posts from the last 24 hours (or the weekend when it comes to Monday posts). So I’ll give the format a try here.
Oh, and please note, these are in chronological order, not order of preference.
- ShellieBee at the Middle Child talked about Baseball Surfboards and Urkel. I always love these posts about oddball cards.
- Wrigley Wax shared 1947 Tip Top Bread cards. How cool are those?
- Baseball Cards Come to Life had an interview with Jeff Schaefer, whom I remember from the junk wax era.
- Bdj610 ripped a pack of Topps 206.
- Condition: Poor posted a Senators card as its #50 Card of the Moment.
- JD’s Wild Cardz made some amazing virtual Bowman Platinum pulls!
- Phillies Room showed a cool batting sequence of Mike Schmidt.
- A Pack to Be Named later also opened some Topps 206.
- 30-year-old Cardboard got a Phil Niekro TTM auto.
- Night Owl looked at the colors Topps has associated with the Dodgers.